Here are 10 reasons why bookstores love hosting an event on The Camino Way book tour:
1. We typically attract 50-75 people to each event, many who are first-timers to a store lured by the topic of the Camino.
2. The book has over 7,000 followers on Facebook, many of whom are likely in your market.
3. The book's Spanish-language version is coming out from HarperCollins in August 2018. A Korean publisher just bought the rights to do a Korean-language version.
4. There is a large and growing community in every city interested in the Camino de Santiago. Since the Martin Sheen / Emilio Estevez film The Way came out in 2011, for example, the number of US pilgrims hiking the Camino has grown 500% from 3,000 per year to 17,000 per year. 301,000 people from around the world completed the Camino in 2017. A book event in your store for The Camino Way serves as a physical meetup for people in your community interested in the Camino.
5. The book is stocked in public libraries in 38 US states and 9 countries in 6 continents. (See map below.)
6. The book is published by AMACOM, the publishing arm of The American Management Association, an organization founding in 1923 with 25,000 members and 3,000 organizations in 90 countries today.
7. The book is carried by large distributors such as Gardners in the UK.
8. The reviews of the book are great. For example, The Globe and Mail, Canada's largest newspaper, mentioned The Camino Way in its December 2017 article, "Boost your career with 2017’s best business books." Foreword Reviews, an independent reviewer serving booksellers, librarians and more since 1998, gave The Camino Way this 5 out of 5 review: "Prince’s is both a highly engaging story and a remarkably effective way to communicate business lessons... brilliantly draws continuous connections between the Camino and contemporary business leadership." You can see more reviews here.
9. I promote each book event in a highly targeted and effective way that can be replicated in any large city. I advertise each event on Facebook, Google, MeetUp, and other channels to get the word out to the people interested in the Camino in your city. I also directly reach out on LinkedIn to people in your market I know and to people who indicate an interest in the Camino.
10. You can see a video sample of the talk that the author gives right below here.
Book Tour in Cape Town, South Africa
Book Tour in Columbus OH
Book Tour in Chicago IL
Book Tour in Indianapolis IN
Book Tour in Waterford, Ireland
CITIES ON THE TOUR: Indianapolis IN (July 13, 2017), Chicago IL (September 14, 2017), Cincinnati OH (October 24, 2017), Cape Town, South Africa (November 2017), Waterford, Ireland (January 23, 2018, TBA), Columbus OH (January 29, 2018), St. Louis MO (TBD), Louisville KY (TBD), Nashville TN (TBD), Minneapolis MN (TBD), Detroit/Ann Arbor MI (TBD), Milwaukee WI (TBD), Cleveland OH (TBD), and Toronto, Canada (TBD).
For over one thousand years, people have walked the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage trail across Spain. I do trails as a hobby and walked the Camino in 2013. The Camino had an impact on me like no other trail. Afterwards, I wrote blogs on LinkedIn about the leadership lessons from that experience. Those blogs went viral and touched thousands of people around the world. Many readers encouraged me to write a book. In 2016, I got a publishing deal to write this book, The Camino Way: Lessons in Leadership from a Walk Across Spain (AMACOM, July 13, 2017).
To augment my own Camino experience, I gathered stories from 100 other pilgrims from 16 countries. The book centers on the 7 values pilgrims are asked to follow while on the trail and how those values can help in work and life off the Camino. The book is available at Amazon.com and other retailers as a hardcover, audiobook, and ebook.