Here are 10 reasons why bookstores love hosting an event on The Camino Way book tour:
1. We typically attract 50-75 people to each event, many first-timers to your store lured by the topic of the Camino.
2. The book has over 7,000 followers on Facebook, many of whom are likely in your market.
3. We only do 1 event in each city we visit. You will literally be "the only show in town."
4. There is a large and growing community in every city interested in the Camino de Santiago. Since the Martin Sheen / Emilio Estevez film The Way came out in 2011, for example, the number of US pilgrims hiking the Camino has grown from 3,000 per year to 15,000 per year. 260,000 people from around the world completed the Camino in 2016.
5. The book is stocked in public libraries in 38 US states and 9 countries. (see below)
6. The book is published by AMACOM, the publishing arm of The American Management Association, an organization founding in 1923 with 25,000 members and 3,000 organizations in 90 countries today.
7. The book is carried by large distributors such as Gardners in the UK.
8. The reviews of the book are great. For example, Foreword Reviews, an independent reviewer serving booksellers, librarians and more since 1998, gave The Camino Way a 5 out of 5: "Prince’s is both a highly engaging story and a remarkably effective way to communicate business lessons... brilliantly draws continuous connections between the Camino and contemporary business leadership."
9. Before writing books, the author ran online marketing for a big bank and uses those skills to promote the book event in a highly targeted and effective way.
10. You can see a video sample of the talk that the author gives right below here.
Book Tour in Cape Town, South Africa
Book Tour in Chicago IL
Book Tour in Indianapolis IN
CITIES ON THE TOUR: Indianapolis IN (July 13, 2017), Chicago IL (September 14, 2017), Cincinnati OH (October 24, 2017), Cape Town, South Africa (November 2017), Dublin, Ireland (January 2018, TBA), Columbus OH (January 9, 2018), St. Louis MO (TBD), Louisville KY (TBD), Nashville TN (TBD), Minneapolis MN (TBD), Detroit/Ann Arbor MI (TBD), Milwaukee WI (TBD), Cleveland OH (TBD), and Toronto, Canada (TBD).
For over one thousand years, people have walked the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage trail across Spain. I do trails as a hobby and walked the Camino in 2013. The Camino had an impact on me like no other trail. Afterwards, I wrote blogs on LinkedIn about the leadership lessons from that experience. Those blogs went viral and touched thousands of people around the world. Many readers encouraged me to write a book. In 2016, I got a publishing deal to write this book, The Camino Way: Lessons in Leadership from a Walk Across Spain (AMACOM, July 13, 2017).
To augment my own Camino experience, I gathered stories from 100 other pilgrims from 16 countries. The book centers on the 7 values pilgrims are asked to follow while on the trail and how those values can help in work and life off the Camino. The book is available at Amazon.com and other retailers as a hardcover, audiobook, and ebook.